by Tom Olago
Imagine a world where you can finally afford to ignore the famous old slogan “don’t leave home without it” when needing to shop, trashing your credit or debit card, forgetting your PIN codes, leaving even your cellphone banking and all identification documents behind. And of course, you can forget all about cash: all of these long-accepted payment tools and channels are now integrated into your body.
“Can’t leave home without it” will be the new slogan – just how many real people have succeeded in leaving their faces and hands at home when they go anywhere? As Michael Snyder recently explains in the truth wins.com :”We have entered an era where biometric security is being hailed as the “solution” to the antiquated security methods of the past… We are being promised that the constant “identity theft ” problems that hackers are causing through “cyber attacks” on our credit cards, bank accounts, ATM machines and Internet passwords will all go away once we switch over to biometric identification…But there is a price to be paid for adopting biometric identification.
Your face or your hand will be used to continually monitor and track everything that you do and everywhere that you go… and it is easy to imagine a day when none of us will any longer be able to buy or sell anything without submitting to biometric identification”.
Snyder further explains that although biometric security is not yet being forced on people, it will eventually be required by banks and government agencies, once it has been adopted on a widespread basis. And for those who think that this is a remote scenario that belongs to future generations to worry about, think again. Snyder gives a few of many very current and pertinent examples, all based on unique human biometric features:
* A Fox News article reported that an employee of FingerTech named Ryan King was “the most verified man in Brooklyn”, having been “Verified” by a fingerprint-recognition device after he placed his finger on the reader, and also after a facial-recognition device scanned his face.
* Phys.org reported that an “alternative payment method” involving hand scanning is already being tested in southern Sweden as an alternative payment method for people: Vein scanning terminals have been installed in 15 shops and restaurants in Lund thanks to an engineering student who came up with the idea two years ago while waiting in line to pay. Some 1,600 people have signed up already for the system, which its creator says is not only faster but also safer than traditional payment methods.
* As reported by cr80news.com,Biometric scanners are already being used in dining halls on college campuses all across America: Hand geometry readers (now enhanced to leverage fingerprints) and even iris biometrics, link students with transactions.
* Physical access is the hallmark biometric application but the technology has been gaining popularity in food service and other sectors to expedite transactions. Snyder states that young people tend to be less alarmed by this technology, and so that is where it is being pushed. An example of this is the plan to reportedly use biometric scanners at the Six Flags amusement park this summer, aimed at making faster entrances for season pass holders, who will present their voucher. Bnd.com explains that a scanner processes an image of their fingerprint, assigning a unique set of numbers that are used to validate the pass holder’s card each visit. The first visit should take only about 20 seconds to set up the card, as opposed to the additional time of taking a photo and getting it printed on the card.
* Biometric identification is even being used in Africa to keep track of who is being vaccinated. Today, a biometric vaccination registry helps to ensure that millions of young children receive the vaccine that is needed to save their lives, without over-vaccinating some while missing others entirely, as memeburn.com reported.
* And as reported by techdirt.com ,we are already starting to see the establishment of massive biometric databases. One of these is the FBI’s facial recognition database that is a part of their “Next Generation Identification” program. It is being projected that the FBI will have compiled 52 million of our “face images” by the year 2015.
Snyder concludes with some more thought provoking statements: “And it is easy to imagine what a tyrannical government could do with this kind of technology. If it wanted to, it could use it to literally track the movements and behavior of everyone. And one day, this kind of technology will likely be so pervasive that you won’t be able to open a bank account, get a credit card or even buy anything without having either your hand or your face scanned first. When that day arrives, what will you do?”
Fortunately, the Bible clearly forewarns us all of this exact scenario, prophesied to take place in these last days of time and life on earth as we know it. The growing prevalence and acceptance of biometrics is in itself a fulfillment of Bible Prophecy:
11: Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. 12: And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13: He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.
14: And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. 15: He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16: He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17: and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.18: Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666. (Revelations 13: 11-18).
It’s hardly a co-incidence that current biometrics focus on the hand and the face: Revelation 13:16 prophesied that it would be so. The acceptance of a mark on your body to buy or sell is also something that God clearly warns against. The taking of the mark, which will also somehow integrate Satan’s number 666, is not a mere monetary and social convenience: it is a mark of worship and allegiance to Satan and his system of provision. The Bible is also clear that anyone taking the mark will temporarily survive by being able to buy and sell, but is going to be doomed to spend an eternity in hell:
9: Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10: he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11: And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” (Revelation 14:9-11)
Those who resist taking the mark will be beheaded, but will first rule and reign with Christ for a thousand years, then make heaven their eternal home (the new heaven and earth, spoken of in Revelations 21:1).
And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Revelations 20:4)
So when that “mandatory biometric” day arrives, what will you do? Be fully warned: should you see that day, your only choice will be between time and eternity, and that choice will determine the destiny of your very eternal soul.